We have been made aware of a scam illegally using the Digivate brand to recruit people for fake job roles via WhatsApp. We understand the group of scammers are using a fake website as well as promises of part time job roles to trick victims into providing personal information or paying upfront fees.
Digivate runs a professional recruitment process via our in-house team and reputable recruiters. All our open roles are posted on our Careers page and we will never recruit via WhatsApp or other similar platforms.
If you or someone you know has received one of these messages, please do not reply or engage with the sender of the communications.
You can also consider taking the following action:
- Do not respond: Do not reply to the message or provide any personal information.
- Block the sender: If you receive a suspicious message from an unknown number or contact, it’s a good idea to block the sender. This can help prevent further messages from that contact and reduce the risk of future scams.
- Report the message: You can report suspicious WhatsApp messages to the platform. This can help the company take action to identify and prevent future scams.
- Protect your personal information: If you have provided any personal information in response to a scam message, take steps to protect yourself. This may include changing your passwords, monitoring your bank accounts and credit reports, and being cautious about future messages from unknown contacts.
- You can find out more information on staying safe on WhatApp here
If you have been scammed please report it to Action Fraud straight away.
Thanks for your cooperation!